So when you experience any of these symptoms, it is time for you to clean your Windows registry. Then again, before you optimize it, see to it that you consider several important factors. For instance, you should avoid installing every application you see. Sure, there are plenty of great applications online. However, before you install it, you should think thoroughly if you really need it.
If you need certain applications at the moment, you may consider using their portable versions instead of installing them. Portable programs install in their own folders and do not add entries to the Windows registry. It is also easy to uninstall them if you do not need them anymore. Simply delete their folders and everything they contain.
See to it that you uninstall applications the right way. If you delete one of your programs, its folder can go straight to the Recycle Bin but it can also leave behind broken shortcuts, folders, files, and registry entries. Hence, you should not just delete a program. You should use the Uninstall feature of your computer or use a software program especially designed to uninstall programs.
- To use the Uninstall feature, just open your Control Panel and go to Programs and Features. Here, you will see the default uninstaller of your application. Choose Uninstall to remove your installed folder with its included files, folders, and shortcuts.
- If you are using Windows XP, you can optimize your registry by cleaning hidden startup, removing useless programs, disabling useless services, disabling Windows Messenger, optimizing network settings, defragmenting hard drive, disabling System Restore, and disabling Virtual Memory.
- If you want to make sure that your default uninstaller does not leave behind data in your Windows registry, you should purchase a licensed uninstall program to remove your application and perform a system scan on your computer. It is crucial to scan your computer to find data that you may want to remove.
- You can get a registry cleaner to scan your Windows registry and find errors. It is ideal for you to get a software program that lets you customize your scan. A good registry cleaner allows users to select areas that they want to scan as well as let them defrag and optimize their registry.
- Using a registry cleaner is actually one of the best ways on how to optimize Windows registry. This software program does not only protect and clean your registry automatically, but it also prevents system errors such as DLL, SYS, and EXE errors. In addition, it helps minimize problems when installing new applications as well as prevents crashes. With just one click, it can scan and remove unnecessary entries in your registry. Furthermore, it can prevent your data from being corrupted by conflicting entries.